Hand rejuvenation procedures
As we age the skin of our hands becomes thinner as a result of fatty tissue and water loss – the hands look aged and the skin is translucent and sagged with veins apparent on it. These problems give away a person’s age and most women are willing to mask them as effectively as possible, thus remaining younger and more self-confident for a longer time.
The skin of the back of the hands may be rejuvenated by applying various aesthetic non-surgical treatments that can be prescribed and performed only by skilled specialists.
Our Clinic offers patient-tailored aesthetic treatment solutions to suppress or mask ageing processes:
- Skin fillers (collagen, hyaluronic acid), which smooth out wrinkles and increase the tissue volume in the places where the skin has become thinner and sagged. It is the most common technique used to rejuvenate the skin of your hands as the application of the aforementioned preparations produces the best and longest-lasting results (up to two years);
- Platelet rich plasma (PRP) therapy whose main advantage is that no extraneous substances are used during the procedure, but only the patient’s blood. Two treatment sessions with a break of 2 to 3 months are recommended. The results become gradually visible in 3 to 5 weeks and can be expected for up to 18 months;
- Dermabrasion or chemical peel is a mechanical or chemical superficial peel of the skin during which dead skin cells are removed. These techniques are not highly efficient for the treatment of deeper lines. To achieve optimum results, after the treatment it is advisable to use age-fighting creams;
- Wrinkle removal injections (botulin toxin preparations Dysport®/ Vistabel®) – one of the best-known techniques for smoothing out emotional facial lines, which can be equally successfully applied for the aesthetic correction of the back of hands;
- Dermaroller treatment or mesotherapy, which helps the skin to regenerate and recover the former moisture and nutrition. If applied in combination with special serums, yet better results can be achieved. It is recommended to repeat this treatment several times per year.